- Dual processor technology, up to 64 MB cache and SATA 3 Gb/s or 6 Gb/s interface takes everything we know about 7200 RPM performance and turns it on its ear.
- High performance, high capacity, best-in-class reliability, and cutting edge technology make up WD Caviar Black, the ideal drive for those who demand only the best.
- This 7200 RPM speedster is at the top of its class when it comes to performance and reliability benchmarks.
Did you know...
- It's easy to install an internal hard drive in your computer.
WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA Hard Drives
- Rotational Speed- 7,200 RPM (nominal)
- Buffer Size- 64 MB
- Average Latency- 4.20 ms (nominal)
- Load/unload Cycles- 300,000 minimum
- Transfer Rate (Buffer To Disk)- 126 MB/s (Max)
- Formatted Capacity- 1,000,204 MB
- Capacity- 1 TB
- Interface- SATA 6 Gb/s
- User Sectors Per Drive- 1,953,525,169
- Height- 1.028 Inches
- Depth- 5.787 Inches
- Width- 4.00 Inches
- Weight- 1.52 Pounds
- Height- 26.1 mm
- Depth- 147 mm
- Width- 101.6 mm
- Weight- 0.69 kg
- Operating Shock (Read)- 30G, 2 ms
- Non-operating Shock- 300G, 2 ms
- Idle Mode- 28 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 0- 33 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 3- 29 dBA (average)
- Operating- 32° F to 140° F
- Non-operating- -40° F to 158° F
- Operating- -0° C to 60° C
- Non-operating- -40° C to 70° C
- Power Dissipation
- Read/Write- 6.80 Watts
- Idle- 6.10 Watts
- Standby- 0.70 Watts
- Sleep- 0.70 Watts
As used for storage capacity, one megabyte (MB) = one million bytes, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes, and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. As used for buffer or cache, one megabyte (MB) = 1,048,576 bytes. As used for transfer rate or interface, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second, megabit per second (Mb/s) = one million bits per second, and gigabit per second (Gb/s) = one billion bits per second.