The 2TB Gold 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal Datacenter HDD from WD delivers 2TB of storage capacity for high-availability servers and storage arrays. This 3.5" drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 128MB cache, and a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, all of which help to ensure a sustained rate of up to 200 MB/s. It comes armed with HelioSeal Helium technology that enables up to 26 percent lower power consumption when compared to a standard drive. With an error tolerance of <1 in 1015, an MTBF of 2.0 million hours, an AFR of 0.44%, it is well suited for small- to medium-scale enterprise environments that require a durable and reliable storage drive. In addition to the drive's performance and reliability features, Western Digital offers a 24/7 premium support line and includes Acronis True Image WD Edition cloning software.
Delivering both performance and reliability to any datacenter environment, WD Gold hard drives are designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year.
With a MTBF of up to 2.0 million hours, WD Gold hard drives deliver reliability and durability for yearly operation (24x7x365) within demanding storage environments.
Disk Utilities and Migration Tools
Acronis True Image WD Edition can clone drives as well as backup your operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data, while also having the ability to wipe any data you no longer need securely. You can quickly and easily deploy a new hard drive to your PC or laptop and automatically migrate your operating system, applications, and all of your important data.
RAID-Specific, Time-Limited Error Recovery (TLER)
Reduces the drive's fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
Extended Thermal Burn-in Test
Each drive is put through extended burn-in testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
Dynamic Fly Height and Dual Actuators
A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track. The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- Formatted Capacity: 2 TB
- Interface: SATA III 6 Gb/s
- 512n/512e User Sectors per Drive: 3,907,029,168
- Native Command Queuing: Yes
- Form Factor: 3.5"
- Compatibility: Windows, Windows Server, Linux, and Mac OS
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Data Transfer Rate (max): Buffer to Host: 6 Gb/s, Host to/from drive (sustained): 200 MB/s
- Cache: 128 MB
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- Load/Unload Cycles: 600,000
- Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read: <1 in 1015
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 2.0 million hours
- Annualized Failure Rate (AFR): 0.44%
Average Power Requirements
- Sequential Read: 7.4 W
- Sequential Write: 7.4 W
- Random Read/Write: 8.1 W
- Idle: 5.9 W
- Temperature: Operating: 5 to 60°C, Non-Operating: -40 to 70°C
- Shock: Operating: 65 G, Non-operating: 300 G (2 ms)
- Acoustics: Idle: 25 dBA, Seek mode: 28 dBA
- Dimensions: 26.11 x 146.9 x 101.6 mm
- Weight: 0.64 kg